RESIDENTIAL LAWN MOWER REPAIR
We do not pick-up lawn mowers for repair
ROAD MECHANIC uniquely Up-Front
This website is designed to inform rather than sell you on our service.
Please take a few minutes to review the website to determine if our service is for you.
Last updated 6-25-17
You contacted a lawn mower repair shop and were told it would be weeks until your mower is repaired or you want to avoid the inconvenience of dropping it off.
By concentrating solely on non-commercial lawn mower breakdowns I am able to complete most repairs on the day of the service call. If parts need to be ordered your mower will be repaired within one week of the initial service call.
I understand your skepticism of advertisements "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, ROAD MECHANIC is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture. Mobile Repair License MV85895.
- We do have a $45.00 minimum service call labor charge
- Saturday and Sunday service calls for customer's not available weekdays
- We do not charge by the hour for repairs. (Repair labor rates)
- No travel charge or trip fees with repairs
- On-site itemized written quote for the repair, not an estimate
- Service calls are scheduled within 3 days by zip codes
- Arrival times scheduled within a 2 hour window
- Arrival time for the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm
863 286 1829 Call or Text
Due to the number of calls we receive inquiring about our service; unfortunately we are unable to answer each call that comes in. If forwarded to our voice mail system and you leave a message we will returned your call in the order it was received as soon as possible during regular business hours.
how our service works
Please note: We are strictly a mobile lawn mower repair company; we do not provide maintenance services or tune-ups unless directly related to the repairs.
Service calls are scheduled by appointment within 3 days, determined by your zip code.
Schedule a service call by phone or text message, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm @ 863 286 1829.
Summer schedule, mobile repairs seven days a week, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Arrival time for the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm.
Arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window. We can only estimate how long each service call will take. If requested you will be notified with a precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call.
We do have a $45.00 minimum service call labor charge.
A diagnostic or troubleshooting charge applies to all lawn mowers inspected. Diagnostic or troubleshooting labor rate is $30.00 an hour billed in 1/2 an hour increments
After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an Itemized written quote for your approval. Quotes are based on a repair labor rate of $60.00 an hour quoted in 15 minute increments.
863 286 1829 Call or Text
DECLINED, POSTPONED OR DIY REPAIRS
Declined, postponed or if you decide to complete the repair yourself you are charged for the diagnosis or inspection and a $30.00 travel charge.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only. Additional charges apply for reassembly.
Payment is due on completion of the written quote.
PARTS & WARRANTY
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers
(we do not pickup parts locally)
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes valid for 2 days
Payment due on the completion of the repair
863 286 1829
- You can cancel or reschedule a service call up to a 1/2 hour before arrival.
- Service calls not cancelled or rescheduled a half an hour before arrival will be billed a $60.00 service call cancellation fee.
WHO USES OUR SERVICE?
- 75% of customers just want their lawn mower repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle of dropping off their mower
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street
Recommended repairs that are best left to a small engine repair shop
- Engine replacement or internal engine repairs
- Transmission (trans-axle) replacement or repairs
- Hydraulic steering repairs or leaks
- Deck welding or straightening
- Mowers that require extensive or numerous repairs
DON'T GET FOOLED BY FLY-BY-NIGHTS
Check them out
The links below can be used to check out any contractor or registered business in Florida