Non-Commercial Lawn mower Repair
863 286 1829
100% mobile, we do not pick-up lawn mowers for repair
WHAT SEPARATES US FROM THE COMPETITION?
Road Mechanic is strictly a mobile lawn mower repair company.
We do not provide any services other than lawn mower break-down repairs.
- No travel charges or trip fees with repair
- Service call are scheduled by appointment within three days
- Arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window
- You will receive an itemized written quote for the repair, not an estimate
- If the repair takes longer then quoted you do not pay any additional labor charges
- You have the option to complete the repairs yourself or use your new parts
- If parts are ordered, 99% of mowers are repaired within one week
Road Mechanic mobile lawn mower repair was established in 2012, exclusively for residential lawn mower owners that do not have the means to transport their mower to a shop.
By concentrating solely on residential lawn mower break-downs we are able to complete most repairs on the day of the service call. If parts need to ordered your mower will be repaired within one week of the initial service call.
We are aware of non-licensed individuals that advertise "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, Road Mechanic is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture. Mobile repair license MV85895.
Road Mechanic has no association with any lawn mower repair facility
This website is designed to answer most of your questions so when you contact us for repairs there are no surprises. Last updated 4-23-17
how our service works
We do have a $45.00 minimum service call charge that includes up to 3/4 an hour labor.
Parts and sales tax are not included.
Schedule a service call Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. After 3:00 and weekends, voice messages will be returned the next business day.
Service calls are scheduled by appointment within 3 days. No emergency or same day service calls are scheduled.
Service call arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window, we can only estimate how long each repair will take. You will be notified with a precise arrival time after the completion of the previous service call.
On-site repair hours, Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Arrival time for the the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm.
Lakeland service calls are charged a $35.00 travel charge. The travel charge will be credited to the repair
An authorized representative must be present upon arrival.
Diagnostic charge applies to all equipment inspected. Diagnostic labor rate is $60.00 an hour billed in 1/4 hour increments. The diagnostic charge is not credited to the repair
After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an Itemized written quote for your approval. Quotes are based on a repair labor rate of $60.00 an hour quoted in 15 minute increments.
DECLINED, POSTPONED OR DIY REPAIRS
Declined, postponed or if you decide to complete the repair yourself you are charged for the diagnosis or inspection and the $35.00 travel charge.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only. Additional charges apply for reassembly.
Payment is due on completion of the written quote.
PARTS & WARRANTY
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers.
(we do not pickup parts locally)
Parts Shipping Charge $9.95
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes are good for 10 days
Payment due on the completion of the repair
- You can cancel or reschedule a service call up to a 1/2 hour before arrival.
- Service calls not cancelled or rescheduled a half an hour before arrival will be billed a $75.00 service call cancellation fee.
Recommended repairs that are best left to a small engine repair shop
- Engine replacement or internal engine repairs
- Transmission (trans-axle) replacement or repairs
- Hydraulic or manual steering repairs
- Deck welding or straightening
- Mowers that require extensive or numerous repairs
DON'T GET FOOLED BY FLY-BY-NIGHTS
Check them out
The links below can be used to check on any contractor or registered business in Florida
Why consider ROAD MECHANIC on-site lawn mower Repair?
- No drop-off and pick-up inconvenience
- Licensed in Polk County and with the State of Florida
- Journeyman field service technician. Factory trained and certified on all 4-stroke gas engines and d/c electrical systems
- Will show you the problem and explain it
WHO USES ROAD MECHANIC?
- 75% of customers just want their equipment repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle of dropping off their mower
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street