Professional Residential Lawn Mower Repair
When lawn mower repair shops are not possible or practical
863 286 1829
Welcome residential lawn mower owners.
Road Mechanic mobile lawn mower repair was established in 2012 exclusively for residential mower owners that don't have the means to transport their equipment to a shop or cannot afford to wait weeks until the repair is completed.
By focusing solely on residential lawn mowers, most repairs are completed the same day or if parts are ordered the repair will be completed within one week of the initial service call.
We are aware of non-licensed individuals that advertise "Mobile repairs at your home". For your peace of mind and protection, Road Mechanic is registered with the state of Florida as a limited liability company (LLC), licensed through Polk County and the Florida Department of Agriculture, mobile shop repair license MV85895.
Road Mechanic has no association with any lawn mower repair facility
This website is designed to answer most of your questions so when you contact us for repairs there are no surprises. Last updated 3-22-17
What sets Road Mechanic apart from the competition?
Our labor rates and procedures are based on repairs of all makes and models of residential non-commercial riding mowers, self propelled mowers and push mowers. We do not service or repair hand-held lawn equipment. (Trimmers, chain saws, leaf blowers, etc.)
- Our labor rate is $17.00 to $27.00 an hour less than any shop in the area
- Free diagnosis or inspection with repairs
- No drop-off and pickup inconvenience or shop transport fees
- No waiting weeks for your lawn mower to be repaired
- Service call are scheduled by appointment within three days
- Arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window
- The only repair service that provides on-site itemized quotes, not estimates
- If the repair takes longer then quoted you do not pay any additional labor charges
- You have the option to complete the repairs yourself or use your new parts
- If parts are ordered, 99% of mowers are repaired within one week
how our service works
Schedule a service call 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday - Saturday. After 3:00 pm voice messages are returned the next business day. Email or text anytime to 863 286 1829
Services call arrival times are scheduled within a two hour window, we can only estimate how long each repair will take. The only precise arrival time we can guarantee is the first service call of the day.
Service calls with Lakeland zip codes are charged a one-time $25.00 service call travel charge. The service call travel charge in-part covers supplies, fuel costs and driving time to your location.
An authorized representative must be present upon arrival.
Service call hours 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Monday - Saturday.
Arrival time for the the last service call of the day is 1:00 pm.
A diagnostic charge applies to all equipment inspected. Diagnostic or inspection labor rate is $48.00 an hour billed in 1/4 hour increments.
The diagnostic or inspection charge will be credited on the completion of the repair.
After the diagnosis or inspection you will receive an Itemized written quote for your approval. Quotes are based on a repair labor rate of $48.00 an hour, quoted in 15 minute increments.
Minimum service call charge is $37.00 for repairs that take under 15 minutes to complete.
Declined or postponed repairs
Declined, postponed or if you decide to complete the repair yourself you are charged for the diagnosis or inspection and the $25.00 travel charge.
Diagnostic charges are for tear down only. Additional charges may apply for reassembly.
Payment is due on completion of the written quote.
PARTS & WARRANTY
You have the option to use your new parts
All parts are ordered from our on-line part suppliers. (we do not pickup parts locally)
Parts Shipping Charge $9.95
Standard industry warranty 30 days parts and labor
Written quotes are good for 10 days
Payment due on the completion of the repair
- You can cancel or reschedule a service call up to a 1/2 hour before arrival.
- Service calls not cancelled or rescheduled a half an hour before arrival will be billed a $60.00 service call cancellation fee.
DON'T GET FOOLED BY FLY-BY-NIGHTS
Check them out
The links below can be used to check on any licensed contractor or registered business in Florida
Why consider ROAD MECHANIC on-site lawn mower Repair?
- Licensed in Polk County and with the State of Florida
- Journeyman field service technician. Factory trained and certified on all 4-stroke gas engines and d/c electrical systems
- Will show you the problem and explain it
WHO USES ROAD MECHANIC?
- 75% of customers just want their equipment repaired as soon as possible
- 20% of customers want to avoid the hassle of dropping off their mower
- 4% of customers complete the repairs themselves
- 1% cannot get in touch with their neighbor down the street